Search This Blog

Thursday 2 November 2017

"A bit cheeky..." 2

The SMD soldering went..er...let's say it just went. I don't usually enjoy it, but the results didn't look too shabby. After a quick "smoke test" with the meter, I checked for continuity where expected, and not where it was not. All good.

Then - just to show how paranoid (read "safety conscious") I am with mains electricity - I built this little rig so I don't have to go anywhere near it while its under test and can be done fully hands-off. So much so, that the mains plug is into one of my WiFi truc devices and switch remotely from the bench! "The management eats here".

The PCB is a 1" square type that I came across on ebay some while ago - they are absolutely indispensable for knocking together little bits like this: buy them here. The came as 24pcs for eu6.62 or a measly 28c each - my kind of component. I always keep plenty in stock.

Anyway, once the power went on:


I would have hoped for a little closer to 3.3v but a) its all cheap parts b) its a cheap meter c) I'm sure it will be fine d) I'm over the moon it worked at all!

Find out if I'm right when I start the first "production" build of my ESP-01S powered wall switches which this PSU is for!







No comments:

Post a Comment